Friday 21 December 2012

Srinivas Venkataramanan_BLP022_Self Leadership_Sep 2012


" A Sachin Tendulkar straight drive past the bowler, A Kamal Hassan master piece, Ilayaraja music , roadside food along with my college friends back home, one of my leggies spinning past the batsman" these are some of the simple things that define happiness to me in life. I read a wonderful line from Professor VS Mahesh’s book,"Rate busters and workaholics were the kind of terms used to control those who relapsed into the habit of enjoying what they were doing, for “enjoyment of work” was henceforth to be treated on par with drugs and alcohol, as a bad habit to get into". I also feel these words come into one's life only when we forget the things which give happiness. Not many are blessed with a job which gives him happiness too. So to find some time away from work for things which provide you happiness, doing which will relieve you out of the stress and pressure of the corporate world.
This is where SOIL stands out from other B schools in India. It’s not just about learning Finance, Marketing or HR, it’s also about understanding yourself better, finding out where your interests lie in,  managing your time, learning important values which will not just make you a good MBA graduate but also a true leader. SOIL also enables us to experience the happiness that lie in contributing to the society in the form of SIP.  Certainly we will pass out of SOIL as someone who knows himself better, and so will be in a position to create happiness for himself and others around him.
My way of looking at success is in terms of happiness. If I am happy at the end of the today and go to bed with a smile, I count it as a successful day. If successful days cover up the majority of my life’s pie, then I can term my life a grand success!

No comments:

Post a Comment