Tuesday 6 November 2012

Kanika Jindal_HRLP028_Self Leadership_25 Oct 2012


This was another great session by Anil Sir.  In this session I understood the correlation between age and creativity. Creativity is extremely high in a child and gets blurr as we grow up. This decrease is mainly attributed to our upbringing and schooling, which only encourages behavior that is accepted by the society. But it is still very important to be creative as it helps us to come out with new ideas and solutions.

We discussed the key elements of a decision making process
  • Define the frame: This is the most important question as it helps you in defining your vision
  • Collect meaningful and reliable information
  • Define creative and doable options
  • Use logic to evaluate the alternatives (risk-return analysis)
  • Tradeoffs and values
  • Prepare for implementation

We did an exercise where we had to get in the groups and become different things. This was mainly to bring out the creative side in us. It was an amazing exercise. My biggest learning from that exercise was that, I can change my being at any particular point of time. I can be a child, I can be Buddha, I can be happy or I can be sad depending upon my wish and will. Basically I can be anyone at anytime.

I also learnt the 5 significant fears that a human being has – fear of failure, criticism, ambiguity, lack of time and resource, loss of self image, starved sensibility. And how these fears prevent us from being creative.

We did an exercise where I could identify my personal mission statement. This gives a direction to my life and gives me the strength to deal with all the negativity around me and focus only on my mission.

In the end we discussed the Ladder of Inference which describes our reflexive use of inference and judgment as if they were statements of fact. We often take our beliefs and inferences as statements of fact and often because of that we find it difficult to change certain things in us.
What is the ladder of inference? It is -
  • Our beliefs are the truth
  • The truth is obvious
  • Our beliefs are based on real data
  • The data we select are real data
  • We have all the data we need

No comments:

Post a Comment