Sunday 4 November 2012

Shruti Mishra_HRLP013_Self Leadership_25th October 2012


It gives me immense pleasure to share some great lessons by Anil Sir on 25th October.  Anil Sir talked about Self Leadership on Intellectual Mind which means understanding power of brain and how to make right decisions. Analytical ability is inherited but one can enhance his idea orientation by practice. I learned about six steps for decision making-
1. Defining the frame 
2. Meaningful and reliable information
3. Define several creative and doable options
4. Define the criteriaà Return à Logic
5. Do evaluation- Trade Offs and values
6. Preparing for implementation

Henceforth, Sir spoke about the ‘Snake Diagram’ that illustrated the relationship between the Decision Board and the Decision Team and develop alternatives, allocating resources, decision on alternatives and trade off are various activities involved for optimal decision making.

I also learned about four dimensions of creative thinking-
1. Ideational Fluency
2. Originality of thinking
3. 3D of creativity- associational fluency
4. Familiar Strange àAnalogies àMake Strange familiar

As the class proceeded we all expressed what prevents us from being into the flow and from here I learned about the five principle fears-

1. Fear of failure
2. Fear of criticism
3. Fear of ambiguity
4. Fear of loss of self
5. Lack of time and resources

I learned how to overcome fears. I also learned that circumstances can cause best decision to deliver worst outcome and the worst decision can deliver the best outcome. Therefore, it is important to analyze and look at the big picture. I recalled the Sidhbari trip where everyone was asked to write the most important people in life and what are their needs. I learned that in order to make decisions of life, it is important to focus on your priorities.

Then I learned about the challenges that held us to do what we want. This was explained by the ladder of Inference. The Ladder of Inference describes one of our basic habit of mind: Our reflexive use of inference and judgement as if they were statements of fact-

1. Our beliefs are the truth
2. The truth is obvious
3. Our belief is based on real data
4. The data we collect is real data
5. We all have the data we need.

I select data from what I observe à I add meaning (cultural and personal)   Perception à I make assumptions based on meaning I added à I draw conclusions  Cognitionà I adapt beliefs about the world (go back to first step to form reflexive loop)
 
Finally I learned that we all are trapped in our thinking (ladder of inference) and that prevents us from meeting our goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment