Friday 30 November 2012

Roopali Agarwal_HRLP040_Self Leadership_Oct2012


The third session was about the Power of Mind. Our left brain grasps the complex calculations & the right brain helps us in being creative. In our childhood it is the right brain that functions more than the left brain & so we are highly creative during those years. But as we grow old, we start using the left brain more therefore the passion & enthusiasm that a child has diminishes. Further, we learnt about the six steps in decision making, which are as follows:
1.    Realize the most critical question
2.    Want of meaningful & reliable information
3.    Develop several creative & doable options
4.    Define risks & returns associated
5.    What are the trade-offs
6.    Prepare for implementation
Thereafter, we did an exercise that made me realise that I can be whatever I want to be. It is just that we get so busy in the daily chores of life that we stop thinking creatively & our potential. Different uses of a pen! How many can you think of? Try this exercise & you will be amazed with the answers.
The fears that prevent us from being creative are:
1.    Fear of failure
2.    Fear of criticism
3.    Fear of ambiguity
4.    Fear of lack of time
5.    Fear of loss of self-image
Then we discussed about our high & low experiences in life with a partner. This made me built up a mission statement for my life. Another powerful session by Anil Sir, helped me look deeper into myself & count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment