Saturday 22 September 2012

Aditya Kumar_BLP036_Self Leadership_September 2012






Today we had a second memorable and awesome stint with Mr. Anil Sachdev under the ‘Self leadership’ Program. The whole session was mind boggling as till today what I use to think was right for me and everybody has actually came into reality. And the term is ‘Appreciative Inquiry’. I am actually well known in my friend circle for doing appreciative inquiry for each other in out and out of the way fashion. This whole session has strengthened my beliefs that appreciating an individual’s qualities would certainly make that person really happy. It would also help in showcasing the true and genuine feelings about that person as well as would boost his or hers confidence in a big way. Thanks to Anil Sir for giving us this opportunity of doing a self retrospection and a chance to think that in this cruel and harsh world, a person merely seek a bit of appreciation. My fellow batch mates who do not believe in appreciative inquiry till today would certainly now give a second though over it. I have experienced this wonder, now it is their turn.
Now, I would like to give an insight of today’s session. The class started with the paying of homage to our beloved friends Rahul and Gaurav whose souls rest in peace with the almighty. I would appreciative this initiative taken by Anil Sir as it gave us the chance to shun the pains of losing our class mates. I clearly saw the tears rolling on faces of several fellow Blpians. Somehow I felt relieved by remembering my friends for the one more time as it gave me more inner strength to relieve from the burden of that painful and horrific incident happened with those young students. Rahul and Gaurav would always be there in our hearts. God bless these heavenly souls.
Our session was then carried forward with the discussion of the topic ‘Appreciative Inquiry’. We were asked to form a pair and ask question to each other. The questions were:
·         When I was at my best in SOIL?
·         When was SOIL at its best?         
The pairs were given a time limitation to make a discussion. Once the discussion was completed, each student was asked to paraphrase their counterparts’ answers. This activity really impressed me a lot as I interpreted a feeling of joy and happiness in each and every person’s facial expression while other person was doing appreciative inquiry about them. The learning I took from this session is that it is very easy to criticize others and hurt their sentiments but it is too difficult to appreciate some body and make them realize that they are special too. Being a responsible management graduate and more than that being a true human it is our responsibility to understand others. By the end of the class we concluded that Appreciative Inquiry is a better way to share our thoughts and feelings with each other. Appreciative Inquiry is for a better cause and everybody should try to bring it in their respective behaviors. I request Anil Sir to enlighten us with more such sessions of wonderful topics of discussions.




No comments:

Post a Comment