Friday 21 September 2012

Robin Goel_BLP033_Self Leadership_September 2012


September 10th the day 3 teams from our college had planned to participate at an AIMA event called Chanakya (A prestigious business strategy simulation game) being held in Greater NOIDA. The same day that was scheduled for a 2nd session on Self Leadership with Anil Sir, our 2nd class of the subject and associated with it was the huge confusion that happened due to the miscommunications all around us. Result we missed the Self Leadership Session from Anil Sir, which resulted not only in loss of knowledge, but also we were reprimanded by our Program chair (early morning over phone) for being irresponsible about the whole thing. Amends were made at the last moment but like all last moment works they were also shoddy.


After coming back I met lots of my friends at hostel inquiring about what happened in the class today, how the session was and what all topics were covered.

Somehow I felt people were a lot more calm and relaxed while answering questions than I had expected. The horrendous accident that had happened last week had shaken most of us up, the anxiety levels were high and somehow the days were dragging away with great difficulty. People were generally quiet, and eyes spoke more than words. But somehow when I came back I found people to be more relaxed and calm which seemed to have an inductive effect on me too.

People shared that the session started with Anil Sir asking us to remember our friends and share our thoughts about the same, and suddenly an avalanche of feelings poured out from the class. I heard about the class and felt connected and could see the emotions being reflected by Pravin /Jitin / Rohit /Waheed in their words and expressions.

The next session was on Appreciative Inquiry (AI) session in which Anil sir talked about the basics of AI and how to apply and use it. Everyone I enquired from said that it helped them know the person in-front of them better and not only personally but it was also associated with the joy of sharing with the whole class.

I wish I could have attended the session and learned more about myself and my friends. But with every missed opportunity comes another chance to succeed, and I sincerely believe in this.

Hopefully doing AI with my AI partner Hetal Gandhi would help me understand AI better.

No comments:

Post a Comment