Friday 21 September 2012

Ritika_Malik_HRLP 037_Appreciative_Inquiry_Sep2012

On 19th September, all the cohorts had a session with Snehal ma'am on Appreciative Inquiry. This session taught me many new things and I have started implementing few of those learnings in my day to day life. Appreciative Inquiry is a process of undertaking change in your own self, in others and in the overall system by a generative process of undertaking or leveraging what best is in the system. By generative process I mean not only focusing on asking the right questions but also changing the thought process. I feel that this is the best way to appreciate a person. This should be done on a regualr basis. Such process gives us an opportunity to appreciate people whom we may not do otherwise. But I feel that one must practice this on a regular basis and not wait for any such process. I also learnt that one must focus on positive aspects of an individual and not on the negative aspects. By focusing on only the positive aspects, a positive energy is spread around us. Therefore, the take away from this session would be that one must look at the positive side everything and every being. This creates a sense of immense positivity and it further creates a sense of goodness among all.
The day ended with Lord Gansha Aarti. I could feel good wibes while the Aarti was going on.
To conclude I would like to say that one must be satisfied with what one has and not crib about things they dont have. One should live every moment of life and come what may, deal with situations with a positive attitude and this will only be done by looking at the positive sides of any situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment