Sunday 23 September 2012

Anil_BLP042_Happiness_September2012


What is Happiness?

Today again I had a long conversation with myself and was doing retrospection to figure out the answer to the same question.
I do remember when I was a kid I used to play around. I could climb the trees. I could do whatever I saw without any doubts, without any hindrance just because I was innocent and knew nothing about everything. I was an enthusiastic child like every other child on planet carrying a big smile on his face and pure from heart excited about everything he sees be it a small flower on the trail in the grassland nearby. I knew when I was happy.
I dig deeper and deeper and came to know that there was no reason behind my happiness. The little flower intrigued me because I wanted to know everything. I was happy inside & nothing gave me happiness. By looking at the flower I just poured over my happiness which was needed to be shared with the Mother Nature.

Be happy and make the surroundings happy. This is the one thing which is very important for people to realize, you cannot make others happy until & unless you are happy. You cannot become happy if you sacrifice something to make others happy and make yourself unhappy. If such is the case, do things to make others happy & feel great for the deeds you have done to bring smile on their faces.

To manifest true happiness, you must be positive from inside and once you are positive inside, you try to look everything positively and hence you are calm at peace and contended.

Faith in one's religion is essential for life's happiness. In times of trouble, religion can be a source of much peace and comfort. Only a virtuous man with a pure conscience can know real happiness. Religion is morality, and without morality, there can be no happiness in life. It is a matter of common experience that those who are immoral, corrupt or dishonest, are never happy in their lives.

So, when I joined SOIL during the induction week Charlie’s sessions and Anil sir’s appreciative inquiry sessions took me back into the arena where I felt like a kid again excited and merry about myself.
SOIL has given me the flavor of being Happy and spreading Happiness which is now my goal and I am relishing the bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment