Sunday 7 October 2012

Emotional Intelligence



Emotional Intelligence- something I studied indepth during my post-graduation in Manchester, reminds me of the hours I spent in the library, reading up on all the valued articles and thoughts of Gardner and Salovey. Little did I know that those learnings will come through again, differently this time. Being a student of Management Psychology, we would focus on how EQ equips managing organisations and its people and how EQ is something that is learnt and acquired from the environment.
Self Leadership session awarded me the opportunity to focus on "Self", taking me through the intrapersonal aspect of Self awareness to interpersonal aspects of listening and understanding others and relating and building trust.
Re-enforcing the same, the exercises conducted helped me understand myself. The question on the close people in my life who have influenced me and whose unsaid expectations have remained unfulfilled helped me reflect on the aspect we often take for granted. Each exercise had a key take away. The alter ego exercise teaching us the art of listening and understanding others, reflecting on a time when we were joyous and calm leading to self awareness.

My key take away from the class, which I wish to exercise throughout my life is:
"You are Happiness Personified"- by being happy, you honour yourself, which leads to personal excellence!




No comments:

Post a Comment