Sunday 7 October 2012

PriyamMalik_HRLP039_Self Leadership_Oct2012

Self Leadership is a journey and not a destination for me. The second session on Self Leadership by Anil Sir focused on what we know as  Emotional Intelligence. One of the most touching and enriching sessions for me as I have taken lot of memories from the same. There are certain inherent qualities of ours like our talent, that we have since the time we were born. But EI is acquired over a period of time with the surroundings and people around us. One of the most important things that Sir emphasised on and now I too truly believe is in Deep Listening. We some times pretend to listen but actually we don't and are in our own world. What we don't realise is that we miss on a great deal of learning, plus we never build true relations that way. Deep listening indeed helps us grow as a person and enhances and broadens our horizons. 

The session made me think and think deep. There are questions now I ask my self and the answers are exciting. The day went by pretty fast and I came to know a lot about my friends which I did not since 4 months. It helped us built what Sir called a 'Community'. There are a huge number of people we come across who are from diverse backgrounds. We all can learn while we grow and not be stuck with our minute issues, which trust me are nothing as compared to people we know.

The session taught me lessons for life which will help me become a better person apart from the path to being an Inspired Leader.

Regards,
Priyam

No comments:

Post a Comment