Sunday 7 October 2012

Ritika Malik_HRLP 037_Self Leadership_6th October 2012

The sessions on self leadership always has a deeper impact on me that makes me aware of my presence. On 6th October, I learnt about emotional Intelligence. It has three parts. One of them being the self-awareness that has two dimensions: listen & understand and relate & build trust.To be able to identify emotions of others and oneself is what emotional intelligence all about. We were made to do many activities. One of them being sharing the most joyful moment up till now in SOIL. This made me realize my true happiness and also taught me the five principles of giving ourselves joy: Honor your uniqueness and gifts, find a cause that gives you joy, leverage your gifts and uniqueness to work on that cause, share the joy with others and enable others to do the four mentioned points. The last activity was to share any guilt or expectation with a group of friends. This activity was among st the best activity of the day. It not only gave me the strength to share my emotions, but also made me realize the fact that keeping our emotions inside is not always the best option.
My best learning from the day is that joy and happiness is all about knowing what gives us the most joy and also our true emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment