Sunday 7 October 2012

Sandeep Singh_MLP014_Self Leadership_Oct 2012,


EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE

We had an amazing and insightful Friday by Anil sir. I recognized the importance of emotional management as a person and a leader. I recognized the importance of honoring and appreciating my own uniqueness. I learned to find a cause that gives joy and satisfaction, leverage my gifts and uniqueness to work on that cause. I learned to share joy and accomplishment with one and all. My own success depends upon enabling others to do the above four in their lives.
Be a giver, and do it with joy and selflessness you will be surprised by what you get. In my view, the thought or the greed to see what you receive from what you give should not exist. When you think you will get something out of an act, you are greedy already. So give thoughtlessly as well.

Firstly, Emotional Intelligence is what all of us have to look forward to if we want to go up the ladder. Anyone can be a Leader but to be a Charismatic Leader you ought to have Emotional Intelligence. Listening to understand is what makes you stand out.

We were asked to reflect upon what are the things which are really important to us and who are the people who have influenced our life the most. While doing this activity I realized that my major strengths as an individual are exactly the qualities which I have acquired from the people who have inspired me the most in my life. Surprisingly this led me to think about those influencing people in my life who have qualities which I do not have yet but I always wanted to have. Suddenly I realized that I have so much to learn from so many people who already are an integral part of my life.

In later half of the class everyone was asked to write the name of the person who impacted them the most and why and share it with all team members. Through this exercise I learned that commitment towards work and persistence is common among the set of most influential people in our lives and hence are important for a person to reach the goal of his/her life. I also learned about enablers and blocks through this exercise. I also learned that each person has got PAL- Purpose, Agenda and Limits. Subsequently, I learned the five principles that give happiness and joy to any or every human being and they are – honour one’s own gifts, find a cause that gives you joy, leverage your uniqueness and gifts to work on that cause, share the joy with others and enable others to do previous four.

No comments:

Post a Comment