Sunday 7 October 2012

Shammim Parvez Khan_MLP019_Self Leadership_Oct2012


Self-Leadership

Self-leadership is the foundation of all leadership and management. It’s an enabling process whereby a person learns more about himself/herself. Through this self-understanding a person leads a better life. In self-leadership emotional intelligence is the most important thing. Emotional Intelligence is already acquired by a person while his/her upbringing. This time in Anil’s sir session I could understand my inner self more nicely. In order to be an inspired leader I need to first master my own emotions and understand my-self.
Interpersonal emotional intelligence has 2 dimensions: first to listen and understand and second to relate and build trust. Deep listening to others is one of the major attribute of self-leadership. By deep listening, thoroughly hearing the tone and language, observing the expression of others gives us a better insight of their perspective. I understood that in order to convey our feelings nicely it is very important to articulate our thoughts effectively. We also face biases in our mind and this tends to impact our listening. But respecting others while they are speaking and listening to them always helps in understanding them more.
We were then asked to talk among our group about the person who has inspired and influenced us the most. Through that activity we came up with the common attributes that inspired leaders have in them. By doing this activity I realized that I have acquired most of the qualities of the same person whom I am inspired. I also came to know that there are many qualities on which I have to work upon in order to be an inspired leader.
At last within our group we then shared the disappointments that we have in our life. It was an amazing reflection activity. I understood that life is full of ups and downs and every one of us has some disappointments. By this activity I could understand my friends better and form a great bonding among each other. In this beautiful world of almighty we all keep ourselves happy and never led our friends know about our disappointments. We always have this mask of happiness on our face and try to enjoy our life to the fullest. At the end I would say Anil’s sir session has given a very deeper insight about my life and will always follow his principles of giving joy everyday throughout my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment