Saturday 6 October 2012

Sujatha NJ_HRLP024_May 2012


I thought Leadership is a simple concept of leading and guiding people; directing, helping, training your team and peers to a set of objective(s). But today, I found a different view of it altogether. Leadership is not restricted only to people management and guidance, it’s a self-discovery. Lead oneself, to know how to lead others, this is how my session today began. When we take responsibility of ourselves and our actions, we become capable of leading and hence a LEADER.

Leaders ted to behave in a particular way, they are guided and have discovered by the 6 layers of the self. The layers are : 5 senses (Touch, Smell, Taste, See and Listen), Instinct, Mind, intellect, Ego and last but not least ‘I’ – the self. The unity of these 6 layers is Mindfulness. And a person who has mastered mindfulness becomes a great leader. When we become aware on oneself, we build wisdom and this wisdom will help us open-up and work with others easily. We do things differently.

Another important discovery made today was, the journey of a man is related to the journey of his soul. Journey of a soul is for a specific purpose. Hence a man’s real worth is when he finds his purpose in life. When you discover the actual purpose in life, your heart, mind and soul is in unity. And that my friend is why we exist and why our soul has taken birth. We need to discover this purpose and work towards it. This is fulfilling ones destiny.

It’s strange that, we are here for leadership training, and in this process we are opening up to so many discoveries. I think I can now understand the reason why I am here. I am thankful for being a part of SOIL’s vision.

Cheers,
Su

No comments:

Post a Comment