Monday 8 October 2012

Kanika Jindal_HRLP028_Self Leadership_Oct 2012


The second session with Anil Sir was amazing. In this session we talked about Emotional Intelligence. EI has two aspects Self Awareness and the Interpersonal Skills (listening and understanding, and relating and building trust). In the session I understood that EI is not inherited. It is dependent on our upbringing and nurturing. What we pick up in our childhood creates our Emotional Intelligence. The best part is that EI can be changed at any point of time.

In the alter ego exercise, I realized that to be understood correctly it is very important to structure our thoughts and communicate effectively. I also realized that deep listening is another important part of communication. During the session, I was clearly able to identify what my present life is all about.

The last part of the session was particularly good. In our group we shared some really personal issues which we had never shared with each other before. This class gave me a community with whom I can share anything in life. I also realized however different we may seem to be to the outside world, we as human beings deal with very similar issues in life.

Regards
Kanika Jindal

No comments:

Post a Comment