Sunday 7 October 2012

Self-Leadership Version 2.0_Sukriti Sinha

The second session of Self Leadership with Anil Sir started with a revelation for me. My strongest belief that all my reactions and the behaviour that I depict are genetic, was successfully turned into a myth! So, Emotional Intelligence is  a result of one's upbringing and education and has got nothing to do with one's parents' genetic characteristics.
Listening, something we think we do about but we don't. It is so easy to just listen to someone and draw  a conclusion from it. But what is difficult is to actually LISTEN to someone and understand what he/she wants to CONVEY. The Alter-Ego exercise made me realise that the real listening lies in understanding the unsaid in the words spoken. The session took me on a journey of self-discovery, of understanding who are the people and what are the things that are most important in my life. When the group shared their stories of who  is the person who has impacted and inspired them the most, a pattern could be drawn - Our Parents. Our parents inspire us and make us what we are today.
Talking about HAPPINESS, which also turns out to be my favourite topic, Anil Sir made us think about the most joyful moment in our lives since we joined Soil. I was surprised to realise that I could list down so many joyful moments since I've joined Soil that finding the most joyful was a difficult task. My greatest learning, or rather a life changing learning that I have got from Soil is to be positive and grateful, always in life.

This session not only gave me a lot of learnings for life but also came as an opportunity to let go of all the sadness and disappointments that I was holding onto. Its true that sharing your sadness with the people who are your true friends makes you feel lighter and happier. So, for me the session ended in happiness and most importantly, calmness.

Regards,
Sukriti

No comments:

Post a Comment