Tuesday 22 May 2012

Anvesh Apale_HRLP014_Self Leadership_May 2012

Anvesh Apale_HRLP014_Self Leadership

Ever since I started understanding the working of this universe, I have been trying to figure out the answer to a simple yet one of the most difficult questions in my life:  “Who am I?”. With my past experiences and the people I have had a chance to interact with so far, I have been successful in analyzing the answer to this question, at least to some extent. Today’s session on Self Leadership has reinforced few of my beliefs related to leadership.

Inspired Leadership starts with oneself which means that I can be an inspired leader only if I know how to lead myself. I believe that in order to be an inspired leader I should first enjoy what I am doing. Over a period of time I have realized that whenever I have worked on something which I really liked doing, I have excelled effortlessly in it.

Self Realization is the pathway to Self Leadership. It is very important to understand what exactly gives us happiness. Once we know what makes us happy and if we genuinely believe that we can achieve it then everything else will fall in place to make that thing happen for us.

It is our ego which leads to the reluctance to step out of our comfort zone and stops us from doing something new. We can get rid of our ego by allowing ourselves to think that we have infinite potential to overcome our fears and transform all our weaknesses into our strengths. Today I realized that it was my ego which has been holding me from being more creative. So far I haven’t put in enough efforts to enhance my creativity and yet I have never failed to mention that my greatest weakness is lack of creativity. My first step to work in this direction is to put in sincere efforts to write as many blogs as possible. 

I realized that a good leader never blames anyone for things NOT going so well in his life. Instead he makes a sincere effort to figure out ways to deal with the situation and change the situation in his favor. I also learned that by being selfless and putting in efforts to make others happy can help us to influence them positively and eventually lead us to the happiness everyone is in pursuit of. I aspire to become one such leader, one fine day.

 
Regards,
Anvesh

No comments:

Post a Comment