Wednesday 23 May 2012

Gifty Joshi_HRLP017_self Leadership

Back in school, I was introduced to various senses that make the body work. That did educate me on a very scientific level but the deeper understanding of the sensory organs was achieved only after attending today’s session. I realised that Different sensory organs like eyes, ears, skin go beyond their usual usage of seeing, listening and touching.

Lets talk about about the gateways that lead what we see and observe directly to our heart-our eyes. I had read somewhere “Listen through your eyes” but did i really understand it? I guess not.   
We have time and again seen what a powerful meduim of communication eyes really are. But in the world of constant competence and cut throat competition where every individual is using verbal communication to make himself count by putting his thaughts and ideas across, we have limited the usage of eyes to merely looking and watching. As put by Anil Sir, our rational mind does not understand the intricacies involved in communicating through eyes. Even when today’s activity was announced and we were asked to send a message just through our eyes, my most initial and sponteneous reaction was” this is just not possible” and “its not going to work”. But in a matter of few minutes when I looked into the eyes of my partner, I sailed through another world of a very deep and profound understanding. Words were just not important for me. Whatever was felt in one heart was being shared across to another using the medium of eyes. Eyes probably depicted much more than all the words could ever do. I guess you can have a control on your words and voice but its your eyes that just so beautifully give away the real you. It opens another world of unconditional love, understanding, and togetherness.

Over the last two sessions, I have discovered that what is most important is to form a relationship with your source, your being and once you get an access to your source, I guess one does not need any more knowledge to lead a life that has a meaning and a higher sense of purpose attached to it. We should not try to be the centre of attraction, rather we should surrender ourselves to our ideals and values and just flow with the course of love, wisdom and selflessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment