Tuesday 22 May 2012

Sameeksha Khanna_HRLP038_Self Leadership_May 2012


Every Journey has a destination but what is most important is the purpose of the journey.
Today’s session with Anil sir on self-leadership made me more inquisitive about myself and the purpose of my journey, in short it gave me a question to think upon “who am I?”
A simple question which I never thought of, or to be true I never bothered myself to give a thought to this question. It’s not merely a question to answer but my entire being somehow depends on this.
In today’s session I got to know the importance of this question, the importance of knowing and understanding myself in order to leverage my strengths and then to use them in improving my surroundings.
I got to know about the 6 layers of life (i.e Senses, Instinct, Compassion, Intellect, Ego and I ) that surrounds us and the journey that I have to cover to reach the life giving source i.e my Soul, that part of my very being that observes and witnesses each and everything I do, controls all my body parts as well as my instincts, intellect and emotions.
This session made me more curious to understand myself more deeply, give my thoughts and actions a more sincere look so that I can understand my purpose of life and align my actions in accordance to it.
Another thing that I came to know is that Ego is the biggest hurdle that keeps me from exploring my options and from using my potential to the fullest. In order to maintain a close and strong connection with myself I need to keep aside my Ego so that I can break the shackles of my past and dive in my present and use my actual potential.

The most important learning of this session was that we can achieve the ultimate satisfaction and eternal happiness by serving others and keeping others happy. I am really looking forward to more of such sessions that can actually help me in finding my way to reach the "I" in me.

Sameeksha Khanna
HRLP

No comments:

Post a Comment