Tuesday 22 May 2012

Nikhil Arora_MLP010_Self Leadership_May 2012


Today we had a class on Self-Leadership and I would like to share my experience as to how I felt and what I learnt. Self –Leadership is a self-explanatory term, but it has a very deep meaning. In theoretical terms we can define Self-Leadership as an enabling process whereby a person learns to know himself/herself better and through this better understanding is able to steer his/her life better.
The main focus of Self-Leadership is answer one particular question “Who AM I”? When the class initially began the topic seemed somewhat abstract but gradually I started realizing the true essence of knowing oneself and how one can make a useful contribution just by knowing his/her traits and behaviour. Professor Anil Sachdev cited many examples to explain how consciousness leads our body, mind, feelings and values. He also explained us that the real I is neither the body nor mind, it’s the soul.
After participating in such a fascinating discussion I realized that we must try to confront the darker parts of ourselves and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Moreover he made us believe that each one of us has abundance of positive energy and we must channelize it in the right direction to bring about happiness in not only our own life but act in a manner that people in our surroundings become happy by our deeds. After attending the session I really feel enlightened and believe that the first step towards attaining Self-Leadership is to honour oneself and one must always hold himself/herself responsible for all his/her deeds.

Regards,
Nikhil Arora

No comments:

Post a Comment