Wednesday 23 May 2012

Lagnajita Sanyal_HRLP012_The Journey of Self Leadership Continues_23May2012

Today I came across another beautiful facet of Leadership: about Soul, Self and Spirit. I understood how this is connected to the five senses viz. the observation process,listening,tasting,touching and Smelling.If we remove our Ego we become more powerful as we are allowing the negative energy to flow out of our body and have the positivity and knowledge to flow in.When we connect with our soul we are able to ponder on some beautiful questions related to our life: who am I , why are we here and what am I doing? These questions help us to answer some very deep thoughts that may be running in our minds or we are have always sub consciously wanted to know more about it.Knowing the purpose of our lives is what we all strive for and when we connect with our soul we are able to effectively do it.

I really liked the way we all  interacted with our partners and spoke through our eyes which I feel is one of the most difficult task.I have always had this opinion that eyes never speak a lie even though your words or gestures might.And getting to know some one through their eyes is a difficult task but yet we get to know a lot if we are able to concentrate on what the other person might want to convey.I am glad  did this activity.I discovered a completely different aspect about myself that I understand people even by reading their eyes.


Just like observation, there is a lot of power in touching which from time immemorial has the power to heal anyone.A simple warm touch can change your observation towards life.

It is believed that Listening is only for the grown up people because they have  a lot patience.But this does not hold true.A successful leader needs to be a compassionate listener as well.Listening gives you a complete understanding of the person.It makes us  even more connected to other people.


Lastly I would like to say that in the journey of being a self leader it is very important that we use our senses in the most appropriate ways and connect with "I" because only the soul has no boundary since it provides us with the requisite energy to become an effective leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment