Tuesday 22 May 2012

Ishwarya_lakshmi_HRLP006_Selfleadership_May2012

Like many others, I also had this question- why should this subject actually be a part of our curriculum?
This question was answered rather quickly. Yes." Only if  one could lead himself, can he be a good leader" was the answer given by Anil sir, when this question was posed to him by a student.
     
       There were a lot of takeaways from this session. Of course, we theoretically learnt that there are 6 layers of leadership, meaning of each layer and so on... But it has left me with questions which I never in my life have ever thought about, like "who am I?". Before this session, I would have told anybody that no one in their normal mind would ever have thought of such a question. But from today, I begin my journey to discover the answer of this question.

      A leader must be able to lead his body with his 5 senses. I was probably trying to be a good leader by using my 2-3 of my senses in my past... And I actually called myself a leader till yesterday only because I lead some teams in my past! The very statement mentioned above made me question to myself if I was truely a good leader.

       I often thought intuition and instinct were synonymous but today understood the difference. I also realised that meditation would take me a long way in realising who I am.

       I also learnt the evil effects of ego if it resides in one's mind. When you know something but have ego within you, would not be able to use it.

        I also realised that power of "I" that has unlimited potential and is a life giving force.

       I always did not understand what exactly mindfulness meant (which happens to be one of the pillars of SOIL!)  but it is now clear with the flowchart that said that every gap in performance had to be turned into a learning goal.

       Finally, to sum up, I learnt that there is immense potential that everyone has and one has to realise their traits to make them more effective.
 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment