Wednesday 23 May 2012

BALAJIN_002_Self Leadership_May 2012


I attended the most anticipated Leadership lecture by anil. After a few formal discussion the statement he said was “I am responsible for my learning “this seems to be small the insight of this gives you lot of meaning .For me this helped me to realize my commitment, my dreams, aspirations and confidence to attain this. It was not like a class taken by a CEO, I felt I am sitting and listening to my dad .I never expected he would be so spiritual and simple.

He ignited my thought with that statement and now he comes up with another question who am I? And what’s my purpose in life? This was a group activity, I need to share my thoughts with my fellow mates. Last statement had lot of insights to motivate me and what can I say about this question? if you know the answer there won’t be any problem in your life . Identifying the purpose of your life is the most difficult aspect in our life though I came up with a purpose i had a strong inner feel that it’s not my purpose. I am still in the process of identifying my real purpose of my life. 

The term Education is derived from the latin word educate which means knowing the self but even after being graduate hardly only few were able to know ourselves.  Then he came up with “6 layered model of self awareness “ to understand one self better ,this deals with 1)Body 2)Instinct 3)Mind 4) Brain 5)Ego and Life giving force or soul . Leadership is all about responding rather than reacting and to be a leader we need to know the self, our strengths and development areas.

He narrated a  interesting story which happened between a set of students and swami ji when one of the students asked how to live a happy life to swami ji , swami ji reverted couple of question back to students
1)      What would you do to be happy for an hour ?
2)      What would you do to be happy for a day ?
3)      What would you do to be happy for a month ?
4)      What would you do to be happy for a year ?
5)      What would you do to be happy life long ??

Being selfless(unconditional Love)  is the key thing to be happy for ever, irrespective of your situation make everyone around you happy which will make you happy .

            I have always had pride in saying as a engineer that I don’t want a language to communicate my thoughts I can communicate even through my drawing’s, which is considered as the communication tool for the engineers. anil gave a exercise of expressing our stories through eyes followed by eyes & gesture and followed by eyes, Gesture & lip movement . 

           This exercise really made me to think about myself since when I was expressing my story by this way, my partner was not able to understand or able to relate with any sequence of it. This made me to think about my expressions and storytelling ability. When we make an eye to eye contact we go deep and understand the person. Communication through eye is very important aspect which I need to improve a lot.

           Anil shared lot experiences which he had throughout his career. His session was interactive and brain storming. His motivation was filled all over and I am sure this set of students would be ready for any challenges in life and it’s also a day many of the uneducated graduate turned to be an educated graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment