Saturday 26 May 2012

Namrata Singh_HRLP007_Self Leadership_May 2012


If you would look into my eyes,
You would know the true feelings inside,
The pain I hide behind the smile,
The turmoil it creates in my mind.

If I would let you see me so,
If I would let the feelings known,
You will know m not the joyful girl…
But my feelings, I wont let unfurl!

Don’t hear me speak,
Don’t watch me leap,
Don’t take me in your arms if you see me weep…
Cause you still wouldn’t know how I feel,
I’ll close my eyes, for my secret I have to keep!

And as you and I will stride,
With strangers passing us by alongside,
Then when you and I will shut the world outside
My eyes will tell you the story of my life!


The session with Anil Sachdev reaffirmed my belief in eyes mirroring our souls. I still remember as a rebellious child, I would stand in my parents room, hardening my face, freezing my emotions and stare at an empty space, as if nothing they said ever meant anything to me, as if what they said did not make sense to me… But as soon as I used to feel my eyes would give way to how I felt that time, I would rush to my room, lock myself up and cry!
Oh no! I haven’t had a bad childhood, and no I haven’t been beaten! I was a defiant teenager who wanted to do things my way and so whenever my parents told me something that I would know is right but I could not admit to it, I would introspect in the empty space of my room. Its not a good feeling when you know you believe in something and someone else tells you its not right and you know THEY are RIGHT!
So, slowly, it became a way of my life. I am the person who can laugh with all but cry with none! I like to share my life’s lighter moments with everyone around me. So the only one who ever felt my pain or experienced my anger is my diary.

The exercise of non- verbal communication with my partner, made me feel vulnerable. Having done this exercise earlier, I did not for a moment doubt on the outcome of this exercise! From one stage to the other of this activity, I felt like an open book for my partner to read. I did not need to speak, I did not need to fight for words to express my emotions and the truth is I could not hide!
Its like as soon as someone tells you to think of something that impacted your life, it seems the sub- conscious gets super excited and reminds us of those experiences we locked up in our hearts! While the eyes shared the emotions, the gestures and lip movements shared the story.

Then came my favourite part! Having read “The Secret”, I know of “Law of Attraction” . I say I know, because I am not sure if I believe in it. Since long the practice of Reiki, which focuses in sending positive vibes, has been successful. I know I personally tried the LAW and I know I did not have complete faith in it. So I am trying it in a new way these days. I have stopped sending the NOT messages. I only focus on can and will. Hopefully, the next time I talk of this LAW, I‘ll be amongst those who trust this blindly.

The exercise of sending positive energy to our classmate made me feel energized. Almost as if something clean, something new chose me as a pathway to reach my classmate.

And oh the hug! That’s the best thing I learnt during my childhood! Every morning, I would wake up and straight land in mom and dads arms kissing them, wishing them, a ritual that I loved to perform before going back to bed! It’s the finest way of transferring the good to others. I hug people when they are upset, I hug them when they are happy, I hug them when they are angry and it just seems as if hug does something that words cant do! It spells “I care” to them!

It shakes me up when I think of how we communicate with our environment sub consciously. If someone is sad, they unknowingly reveal it through their eyes, their gestures; our words and thoughts are brought back by the universe; the energy is transferred in our lives; our hugs are like a re- assurance! All these things make me feel special. The universe concentrates on me, my family and friends can understand me through unspoken words and I can find comfort in their arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment