Tuesday 22 May 2012

Shumi_Gamsta_HRLP016_Self Leadership_May2012

'Mind is like a monkey. It keeps jumping from one thing to another'. As Mr. Anil Sachdeva spoke these words out, I wrote them down in bold letters in my journal that I was taking notes in. Reflecting back to these lines, how much can I relate to it and  I'm sure others can do too. 
Before the class began, honestly, I never really pondered much over what it may have comprised of, but was expecting a plain lecture on Leadership and Management as discussed in many books. As the class began it kept surprising and interesting me.
We talk much about being an inspired leader and how I now realize that many a times we fail to recognise ourselves all together. How can I lead others when my mind is pacing from one thing to another? Do 'I' know who 'I' really am?( Though this question would never have occurred to me before this session) Leadership is about a well thought responses and not a stimulus reactions.  
Emotions- Anger, attachment, envy, lust and greed, all these traits could either break or make a relationship. Experiences in life, some good and few challenging teach us immensely. Only when I had started to doubt my faith in selflessness and spirituality, this session came along. 
Ego, the worst enemy one could have, puts fear in us. Once it takes control its the master and the mind and body its slave. It limits you to get to your true potential. 
Senses, Instinct,  Compassion, Intellect, Ego and 'I' may seem to be big words when made to relate but its not impossible to sychronize ourselves to them.
I take a lot away from this session.I now know at least one way, selflessness, to be happy and content with life. Maybe now I can at least try and get closer to 'I'. What I learnt was that the more you know, you find the less you know. Its a brilliant thought with the kind of possibilities that it brings with it.    


No comments:

Post a Comment