Saturday 26 May 2012

Namrata Singh_HRLP007_Self Leadership_May 2012

Living life’s dramas, I cant say I spend time on myself to introspect. I remember as an inquisitive child I would ask my mom, why god made me, what am I to do here, why did god choose the family I was born to…. To be true, I cant say I think of these anymore. To be true, I question myself why I don’t want to know more!

I want to know a few things. Enrolled myself in ART OF LIVING, I thought to myself, this is what will transform me, this is the place where I would find the answers! But that’s not how it was planned for me! Not through ART OF LIVING. So the universe conspired…

When questioned whether I consider myself to be the mind or body I quickly thought to myself, yes! I am the mind, I am the body… I decide… Till I learnt, I am not them. I’m deeper, I am the energizer, I am the lead, I am the core, I am the soul!

Never have I thought of my powers, my abilities, my capacity, but now I know, “I” have the power to drive all the layers. “I” am the one that energizes my being, my existence!

The knowledge of 6 layers lead to one great learning that will stay with me forever, the more outer layer we operate from, the more short lived our happiness is! True that, for living with a huge ego. The binding ego, the blinding ego, which stands in our way, which grasps us; it makes us selfish, it makes us unhappy! 

Ego stood in my way many times before. I know how many times I refused to do something just because I thought too less of the work, I know how many times I ignored listening to others because I thought I knew more than them all! But something transformed me. That something was when I worked for others, when I joined a voluntary organisation and dedicated my hours to the service of others- the one's who needed someone who wont think less of them, who will respect their work. That someone was me. They created that "me".

Happiness

“If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.”- Deepak Chopra


Leadership begins with self. This session equipped me to know myself. The knowledge of self, recognition of self, giving power to self, I will open, I will learn, I will grow, I will achieve! I am empowered to LEAD my life my way!

To the question of “WHO AM I”, I know now “I am a FORCE”!

No comments:

Post a Comment