Tuesday 22 May 2012

Surbhi Bajaj_HRLP029_Self leadership_May 2012


I am never going to forget this day since today I attended the most powerful lecture of my life. It is surprising that how can a man be so calm and composed on the outside and yet be phenomenally empowering. The man I am talking about is Mr. Anil Sachdev who delivered a lecture on self-leadership today. It was unknown to me that leadership has got to do so much with knowing ourselves and the world around us. After we know ourselves completely this journey of life becomes incredible.
I have always been spiritual and somehow destiny has always found ways to put me in places which affirm my belief in God and goodness. Today when Sir told us that the only way to happiness is making others happy it sort of confused me initially because it is not simple to sacrifice all your desires and wishes and just help people. It made sense to me when I related this theory to the theory of Mukti. It is said that to achieve Mukti from the cycle of birth and death we have to detach ourselves completely from all materialistic things and people. Being in the service of mankind will not only detach ourselves from our own desires but will also bring about a change in the life of the needy. It is also important to understand that there is a limit to which we can go out and reach out to people. As Sir put it, “Do your best and leave the rest.”
The circles of Self leadership taught me that it is important to lead our senses in the right direction since thereafter our senses lead us which eventually form our perceptual intelligence. Also, the more we go towards the outer circle the more short-lived happiness we achieve. The only way we can achieve satisfaction or happiness is by overcoming ego and listening to our inner voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment