Tuesday 22 May 2012

Latika Malhotra_HRLP027_Self Leadership_May 2012


Give my eyes to the blind

Give my heart to the kind

Give me wisdom to realize myself

Give me strength to conquer my mind………………………



Leadership starts within you. It is not about guiding people, it is all about conducting yourself first. The question is how should I do it? How will I get to know if I am a self aware leader???  This is quest for the life. But how do you utilize your senses, your brain, your instinct is very important aspect of this journey.

Six layer leadership model starting from outer Sensory layer, Instinct, Emotion/Compassion, Intellect, Ego and then the innermost layer ‘I’ roughly depicts our complex selves. The deeper you seep through these layers, the more you understand yourself. It is about finding happiness in selfless acts of life, giving happiness to others, making difference to masses. The fundamental question of life “WHO AM I” is what motivates us towards self-leadership…Although it takes us a  lifetime to find an answer to it but the process of searching for the answer is what self leadership is all about.

 Ego - the root cause of all inhibitions in life is a major challenge to overcome. An ego-less soul is a treasure for society and this treasure is none other than a “self-leader”. This three letter word can destroy beautiful relationships. It can prevent you from being REAL YOU”. If one can remove the dirt of Ego, the purity of “Real You” reflects. The energy of purity attracts masses and it is the same energy of purity that makes you a LEADER….

They say Mind is very powerful. It can make you swim even if you are not a swimmer and it can drown even an expert. It tends to attract negative energy and it is up to you to convert it into positive energy. Conquering your mind can bring a great leader out of you.

As I start my journey of being Self-Leader, I require great deal of Introspection. I am anxious as well as excited to invade the purpose of my life. It just made me realize that I have lived all my life being on the outer layers. With every added day in my life, Ego comes along… Childlike innocence, the ability to accept my mistakes and learn from them tends to lose its existence. I am trying to clear the dense fog of inhibitions to come out in the light of confidence.

I always tried to figure out why I cannot find long –term happiness in what I do. I think today I unfolded one layer of answer to this question. There is a motive of my life that is beyond following the rat race. I need to dig deep inside me to find out the real happiness of my life. The endless desires in life give happiness only for short span of time and I just figured out “ONLY SELFLESSNESS CAN SATIATE MY DESIRES”….

And here I begin my Journey in Search of TRUE HAPPINESS……

And as said by Robert Frost,  Miles to go before I sleep…….”

No comments:

Post a Comment