Tuesday 22 May 2012

Avirup Mukherjee_HRLP032_Self Leadership_May2012


Today I met a man, a man with a mirror. He made me look into the mirror and see something I had never seen.

For many years I had thought of myself as selfless and giving. I never remember saying a “No” to either a friend or family member. For years I thought helping others was the best way to live, not because of the feeling that I got but because of the feeling the recipient reciprocated. For years I did not lie. My near and dear ones know that I prefer being abused at than lying and getting saved. For years I thought these are qualities, qualities I did not see in many around me, I felt good, I felt satisfied.

But today the mirror asked me, why? Why did you never say no? Why were you helpful? Why did you never lie?

I told my sub conscious, because I chose to do so. I chose to be so. And my sub conscious replied, are you sure?

I lie in my bed thinking was I selfless? Was I giving? I hope the answer is Yes, I hope for hope. For if it is a no, it is years gone by and if it is a Yes, I will dream today...

No comments:

Post a Comment