Wednesday 23 May 2012

Nishtha Gandhi_MLP012_Self Leadership_May 2012


Todays session helped me learn that not only words but there are other way to communicate through others such as your eyes, gestures lip movement are some examples. One can always lie when talking but our eye can never lie and can speak more powerfully than the words as one can connect to the other person. When we were given this exercise to narrate an incidence in your life through your eyes to one of your friends and vise a versa. I felt is this possible how can I make the other person understand my situation only through eye but after the exercise I was amazed to see the results and I felt like WOW!!! Even I can express myself with my eyes and the use of gestures to complete the story. Plus after narrating the story I felt relaxed  One should always remember that many times word are not necessary to communicate but our eyes gesture and the touch of our skin also play a very important role in communication. Hugging a friend, hand shake with a colleague these kind of small small gestures are very important to be an inspired leader. I also learnt that when you have an eye contact with the person you not only give positive vibes but also see that the other person the listener is paying full attention what the narrator is narrating.
A great leader should have all the traits of communicating through eyes, They should visualize and be ready with a back up. The observation power should be high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment