Tuesday 22 May 2012

Ritika Malik_HRLP037_Self Leadership_May 2012


Today was the first session on Self Leadership by Anil Sir, and it’s already has an impact on me, a positive one definitely. The lecture challenged me to think deeper about my inner self. The question of WHO AM I? During the lecture, I thought to myself: did I ever think about the purpose of existence, the inner self, and the six layers of self. I never knew that I would ever be thinking about who I am and writing a blog on it.
Anil sir explained about the 6 layers of self: perception of intelligence, layer of instinct, emotional layer, leadership of the intellect, layer of ego, and the ‘I’ layer. After having learnt about these layers, I challenged myself to answer the question of who I am. On the other hand I definitely got few insights about myself.

There is one person with whom we spend most of our time with, the one who support us in our growth and that is our inner self, our own self. We live most of the time we ourselves and we are not aware of it mostly. It is we who have the ownership on our lives. We play different roles in our lives, be it from being a daughter, a sister, a friend. But these roles do not make us aware of our inner self. My inner self is the one who I really am. This further makes us aware of our self awareness.  Moreover, the happiness that we look for, actually comes from within. The environment, people all around us can make us feel happy, but if we ourselves don’t discover the very fact that happiness comes from within, we will keep wandering about for happiness. as it’s said we are the owner of our own lives, therefore I feel that we should do what we want to and not think about what other’s will think about us. Therefore, happiness comes from within.

There are many questions unanswered and I am sure by the end of this course, I will be able to learn the true self, the question of who am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment