Tuesday 22 May 2012



Nothing is perfect in this world. In mechanical industries, even a product design has some plus-minus tolerance limits. But one can try to reach near perfection, and this is a rugged, sturdy and elusive journey. Today 21st
 May 2012, a new dawn in my life, a new episode in my life which will be leading to a new season altogether, as I have stepped in to learn, lead and live at SOIL, my journey started with a “self leadership” session with Anil Sachdeva, a pioneer and a visionary.

          Many of us would have a persuasion before session that what is “self leadership”, why we require it? But I would like to portray it in a single sentence by a famous Greek Philosopher – Plato “The best and first victory is to conquer self”. I had preconceived notions about the self leadership as “self discipline”, “bide by some self imposed limitations”, but after this session realized that I was just thinking “self leadership” in unidirectional way. It is just nth part of what Anil Sir imparted today on me. It is an extensive process which one has to go through all his life to become a leader of masses. It all starts with self discovering process. It also means to gain knowledge about self. “Who am I?”,“Am I doing justice to myself?”,”Do I really want this?” are some  questions which are like starters of this beautiful dish called ‘my life’.

       To be very specific the three senses which we oblige to comprehend and practice religiously are “see”, “listen”, “touch”. These are the most expressive and influential way of communications, or if I may say – ingredients to make a scrumptious, appetizing dish. As we all know that India have very rich culture and it can be experienced by the folk dances of various states. The eye communication is an integral part of such communication. Bharatnatyam, Kathkali, Kuchipudi etc all are best examples of “eye” communication. Eyes can tell a tale in most prolific way.

        A speaker must have clarity of thoughts. In the same way a listener should be like an empty vessel. “To listen” is also an important practice which “tomorrow’s” leader should inherit. Powerful leader is always a powerful listener. It does not subtract but add a lot of productive and creative aspect to the desired life. Touch is most significant way of communication. It transfers the positive energy as well as a reassuring, soothing sense. A lot can be conveyed by the “touch”.


No comments:

Post a Comment