Tuesday 22 May 2012

Sukriti Sinha_HRLP023_Self Leadership_May 2012

Today morning when I stepped into the class after the morning circle, I had no idea that I would be leaving it with so many thoughts and questions about myself. After talking about the 5 senses, Anil Sir moved on to discuss instincts. As I have always followed my instincts, I felt, to be honest, a little "scared" when I found out the repercussions of doing so. This was my first learning. 
From "what will give you happiness for an hour?" to "what will give you happiness for your entire life?", it  was a journey of realisation – that happiness is not materialistic. The only way to be happy all your life is to give happiness to others. This was my second learning.
Running away from unfavourable situations – Something I should not be doing and I am owning up to it for the first time. Anil Sir, through various examples, made me realise that howsoever bad the situation may be, I should “Deal With It!” This was my third learning. Although I have not learnt how I should deal with such situations, but it is something that I wish to understand by the end of the course.
I always considered myself to be someone who does not have an Ego problem. But this session made me realise that there is another form of Ego and it is called Reluctance. Being reluctant in doing something is like losing a battle to your Ego. Don't let your Ego win. Just go for it. This was my fourth learning.
Lastly, Anil Sir's questions that enthralled each of us, "Who am I? Am I the body, the mind, the heart?" This session made me realise how far I am from the real "I", which is the inner most circle and I wish to reach there through this amazing journey at SOIL. :)

Regards,
Sukriti

No comments:

Post a Comment