Wednesday 23 May 2012

Priyam Malik_HRLP039_Self Leadership_May 2012


Our session today morning focussing on the 5 senses was yet another amazing experience for me.
It was less of a lecture and more of a journey. It made me realise the power within each one of us. The beyond imagination capabilities that we all have and most of us were ignorant about them. But not anymore.  I never gave a thought about what I always had. My body was given to me by the Almighty and I always took it for granted.

Today I was amazed. During the session I felt so many emotions and had such a deep understanding of my own self. Our eyes are the most honest, even more than our mind. They are the door to our inner self. How amazing it was to understand some one through only his eyes.  The fact that the more senses we included to understand some one, the more distracted we got, was pretty interesting for me. Though it made things easier for us to understand in a literal way, it also was somewhat superficial as compared to understanding only through the eyes.

I always knew we should be a good listener but I didn’t know how good a listener were all the great leaders. It is a powerful tool to understand the world around and keep learning throughout one’s life.  Today I questioned myself before I listen to others, do I listen to my inner self? That is a question I want to remember always!

And then I was exposed to the leadership of touch and how touch can heal. It is so amazing to know and explore the potential in the leadership of touch. You know, not always medicines can work but there are some ways other than the conventional ways of science that are beyond imagination, that can change human life forever!

-Priyam Malik

No comments:

Post a Comment