Tuesday 22 May 2012


Today we had a great session on “Self Leadership” by Anil Sir (though he prefers to be called Anil but this is out of respect). Before the session I did not expect it to be very interesting but it turned out to be completely opposite. I believe at SOIL, by now I should have learnt to keep my pre-conceived notions aside.
The way he explained a complete new concept (at least for me) of Self Leadership beginning from Leadership of Body, Instinct, etc to the inner soul was amazing.
I learnt that I am not my mind which I earlier thought I was, but a mere observer of my insights, my senses and my body. As rightly said by him, we have to fully remove the circle of ego which is around our inner self in order to be Inspired Leaders.
There will always be negative energies around us, there will be hatred, jealousy, perceptions, etc but it is up to us whether we succumb to these challenges or fight against them. Fighting doesn't necessarily mean arguing or imposing views, it means simply working towards them, converting them into positive energies.
Happiness is there within us and in order to attain eternal happiness we need to selflessly work towards happiness of others. I learnt this in Buddhism-- Like a lotus draws its nutrition from dirty water and blooms, when we are able to attain happiness in the worst possible situations only then will we be "Victorious". We pray for those around us but we should pray even more for those we don't relate to (or dislike) or those which we feel carry negative energies. Only then can we attain what we call "Success".

No comments:

Post a Comment