Tuesday 22 May 2012

Gaurav_Phogat_MLP016_Self Leadership_May 2012


Self-Leadership? Is that really a subject for an MBA subject course!!Do we really need it after the week long creative workshops? That’s what I thought before today’s class. Looking back now I have no idea what hit me!!Time passed like it was on warp drive and I was actively involved in the class.

So what did I learn about self-leadership? Well I learnt that there’s a lot to learn! The simplest questions like who I am? Or what should I do to make me happy? Have the most complex of answers.

I learnt about the “Eleventh Direction” ie inside. How it is important to ponder over the answers to these questions and experience the journey within to attain self-realization.
I am no “Guru” on self-leadership now nor am I in a position to give “gyan” but I do know one thing, I am more aware. Till before the class, ignorance was bliss for me, I was in my mind a single individual born as a human being whose character was shaped by his experience and upbringing. I even had doubts about the concept of a soul. Being told that I am not my body, not my mind, not my heart but rather a silent witness was quite radical and completely new for me.

Having said that I still feel this has a logical reasoning behind it. After all we really can observe our thought processes and control information from the senses as if we were separate from them.

Lastly, one of the most important learning I took from this class was that ego is the real culprit. Its like a chain that limits us and makes us believe that our potential is limited. One has to overcome ego to unleash ones true potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment