Thursday 24 May 2012

Vasu Bansal_HRLP001_Self Leadership_May 2012


SELF-LEADERSHIP

On weekends I used to go to watch movie and feel happy but these feelings used to vanish the next day. After vacation, the fact of returning home used to make me sad. But when I used to help some needy on traffic signal or work for Prayaas, their warmth provided me immense pleasure which I can feel even today. Why this happiness is differentiating? The understanding for this difference I came to know today when I attended ANIL Sir’s session on Self-Awareness.

Like everyone, even I was unaware of Who Am I? What am I here for? What is Self-Leadership? Thanks to ANIL Sir for taking us on this journey of self-awareness from which I came to know that Leadership is not about leading or commanding others but it is about leading our own self. We can lead ourselves only if we really know who we are? If we cannot Honour who we really are? What is our purpose of existence on this planet, we can’t be good leader.

So to understand who we are, we need to understand the circle of existence and where does my happiness lie. The outermost layer is of Body which is an object and not a subject. Next is Instinct, which is first reaction about data. Instinct is dangerous and leadership is not about reaction but about response which comes from Information via data. The next layer is of Mind/Heart, which is emotional layer. It gets meaning from information. This layer makes us compassionate. It is from this layer that various emotions like anger, envy, and lust originate. The next layer is of intellect –Brain, it is the one which makes choices.  The next layer is of enemy within, Ego. It puts fear in us, feed habits from past. It prevents us from changing. The innermost layer is I. I SOUL. I PURE CONSICOUSNESS. I INNER  VOICE.

So, where does my happiness lie? The more we go in outer circle, the more shorten our happiness becomes and this answered my question on differentiation of happiness. But this is not the end; this is just the beginning of knowing me because as ANIL Sir said-:

                The more you learn ....

                The more you find how less you know......

The Journey begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment