Wednesday 23 May 2012

Kanika Jindal_HRLP028_Self Leadership_May 2013

Self Leadership is the discovery of my inner self, my true being. The most important realization from this session was that I am not my body, not my emotions, not even the knowledge that I have. This raises a very important question - who am I ?

But this also opens up the unlimited world of possibility for me, where I am not a person with some limited traits or characteristics. This gives me the freedom to drop all the negative conversations that I have about myself which stop me from doing things that I really want to do in life. I can rather create some positive conversations about myself which empower me, because ultimately everything is a story. I have the power to bring a change in the world. Today I might not have the knowledge and resources to bring about that change. But that can be acquired over time. What is important is to be authentic about what is so right now and take responsibility for it. 

I can choose to be, whoever I want to be without worrying about the past or future and live the present moment as if this was the last moment of my life. Another important realization from this session was, how my environment shows up in front of me is a matter of 'who I am being'. If I have all the goodness inside me, my surroundings and the people I meet will also be good.  

Today's session was also very inspiring. During the first exercise I witnessed the power of communicating through eyes. It is the most authentic form of communication and just by looking into the other person's eye I could get the experience of a person, exactly the way it is with nothing altered. I felt closely connected to that person and could get things that were not even being said.

The other important take away from this session was listening. If I want to be heard, I have to first provide that kind of listening. Also I realized, if I could just listen to a person without changing or fixing anything about him/her, it could create wonders in that relationship and the relationship could be taken to a whole new level. Similarly, the way I touch a person can also define our relationship. Giving your love to people, by hugging or just gently touching them, can be the building block of a relationship. Unconditional love, where I am not expecting anything in return, gives me the power to accept a person the way he/she is and the way he/she is not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment