Tuesday 22 May 2012

Moni Raj Chetri_HRLP010_Self Leadership_May2012


Leadership starts with leading our own self. It’s about honoring who you are? On that note we started our journey about understanding self Leadership with Anil sir. He explained us in details about the six layered model of self. Starting with the outer layer and then gradually moving into the inner layer of life giving force.

·         The outer most layer was the physical self which explains the way I lead my various senses like smelling, tasting etc through my body organs. These are organs of perception and it reflects our inner self.

·         The second layer speaks about instincts. It is our instant reaction to the outer world. It provides us with information, the way we use it is Leadership.

·         The third layer is the emotional layer and it has a lot to do with our compassion. Through compassion we get the ability to control our mind and heart.

·         The fourth layer is our intellect. At the emotional level I understand it whereas at the intellect level I know it.

·         The fifth layer speaks about ego. Ego generally means the fear within you which prevents you from doing or achieving something. This over a period of time generally turns into a habit.

·         The final inner most layers are the life giving force or the silent observer. This inner layer is the life giving force. It needs to be channelized in the right direction through the practice of mindfulness.

The model explains about the importance of the innermost layer in order to find happiness. The more we move towards the outer layer, the more short term is the benefit.

After a deep understanding of this model, I started to think who am I? What are the outer layers which are preventing me from reaching out to my inner consciousness? Gradually I realized that I need to practice compassion in order to control my mind and heart. Ego is also another factor which has repeatedly fed me with negative thoughts .It holds you back and gradually makes you believe in that negative thought. When I know how to transcend my ego, I develop my wisdom and with wisdom comes inner peace and happiness.

When all the shackles of outer layers are removed, we become more self aware, more compassionate and mindful. We learn to appreciate others and there is a natural tendency towards helping others, which is the ultimate source to long term happiness.

I understand it’s a long term process towards self realization and will not happen instantly. But I wish to make sincere effort towards leading my inner self. As I conclude this block I sincerely want to thank Anil sir for this wonderful session on self leadership.

Regards,

Moni


No comments:

Post a Comment