Thursday 31 May 2012

Shubhra_Agarwal_HRLP020_Self Leadership_May 2012


Who am I  and  what  is my purpose?   the two  questions  I have been asking myself since long. The interactive session with Anil sir  give  me a realization  and a way to the answer of these questions.  The journey to this “I” has five stations to surpass, without doing so I cannot reach the real ‘I’.

 The first station that I need to overtake is the data I gain from my senses  in other words I can say my perceptual intelligence. The second station I have to pass is my instincts; as it is our instincts that convert our perceived data into information.  The third station is the emotional side of me, the heart and the mind. Both of them mutually decides and guides our decision. It is compassion that help us to get ahead of this station.
The  fourth station to exceed  is intellect, it is one’s intellect that helps him in knowing all the choices one has in taking any decision .More the intellect more we think and hence more choices. As rightly said “practice teaches us how? Knowledge teaches us why?” It is intellect that gives us the knowledge to respond but not to react. The last station to reach my destination is my ego. Ego is something that prevents us from changing and accepting the truth. It is when we go beyond our ego, the knowledge transforms into wisdom. It is the most hurdle some station to beat, as it is our ego that holds us back, discourage us, and dissuade us in accomplishing our goal. If we can win over this ego then we can reach our true destination , the “I” , the true self, the consciousness, the soul  or  what we can invariably call as mindfulness .
The more closer we are to our ”I” the more strong we become. To reach this “I” one has to genuinely travel through all the stations .In simple words I can say that one’s true self lie beneath five layers namely senses, instincts, emotions, mind, intellect and ego. The more we think about the outer layers the more short term gain we will have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment